Monday, October 20, 2008

epicaricacy-shadenfreude

It is said the weak person with low self esteem will find pleasure in other's misfortune...... seems I have morose delectation a dreadful sin ! However, the more I think about it I am possibly getting pleasure out of my own bad luck ! Anyway, thanks to a good buddy I found two new words to add to my pleasure of finding out more about myself..... Humor is just Schadenfreude with a clear conscience 幸災樂禍 enjoying (other's) calamity (and) laughing at (other's) misfortune" 他人の不幸は蜜の味 (tanin no fukō wa mitsu no aji?), translates literally as "others' misfortunes are the taste of honey." Well going back to the great philosopher Gwen would say "you got what you deserved" "you got your comeupence".................and why not our great English word to gloat !
Thank you Wikipedea ...as I said before I have no original thinking just try to put the jigsaw puzzle together from any sources I can.....In any case gloating is a sort of superieur state of knowledge or experience and is often quickly replaced by compassion and care for those that are really in pain !
So today I find that being a person of low self esteem can still transform into one of superiour knowldege gaining pleasure from both humour and care ! Probably the two most important elements of happiness in life !
Thought for the day

No comments: